Join Our Culinary Team
Food Services Jobs
Interested in being part of the Culinary Team at one of the top summer camps in the country?
Falling Creek Camp Food Service workers perform a variety of duties on a daily basis, alongside a team that includes kitchen managers, cooks, food & salad preparers, bakers, dietary, and trip food managers.Save Your Spot
Our 900+ acre campus is set in a secluded mountaintop in the Blue Ridge Mountains, surrounded by hundreds of acres of privately-owned forest.
You’ll be able to live and work on-site, near many natural treasures such as DuPont State Forest, Pisgah National Forest, the Blue Ridge Parkway, the Green River, Linville Gorge, and much more. We’re also close to the great cities of Asheville, NC, and Greenville, SC.
Essential job duties for all Culinary Team roles are listed below, and specific roles will be discussed during the interview.
Essential job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation/production of all food items while using safe, sanitary, and cost-effective measures, including special dietary needs. This may include measure, mix, chop, cut, slice, stir, and/or blend a variety of ingredients used in food preparation as requested. Assure proper temperature of foods. Wrap/package and date according to established procedures.
- Preparation and presentation of food, replenishing as necessary, assisting with setting up dining hall and other food service areas
- Maintain while following established health, safety, and sanitation principles applicable to food serving and kitchen maintenance; including cleaning/sanitizing work areas and equipment, dishwashing, sweeping/mopping of kitchen and dining areas, cleaning tables/chairs/bathrooms in dining area, kitchen laundry, cleaning walk-in coolers and pantry, and general clean-up.
- Operate standard food service equipment such as slicers, warmers, ovens, stoves, griddles, fryers, and dish machines. Ensure that your work space and equipment is clean, orderly, well-supplied, and in good working order.
- Receiving and stocking food deliveries; assist in storage and rotation of food, leftovers, and supplies. Restock condiments and other table-top items.
- Arrive to shifts, meetings, and other duties on time. Communicate any medical concerns promptly to nursing staff. Report any maintenance needs/equipment issues. Ask for help if/when needed.
our year-round Director of Food Services, Diana!